What Is Anodizing?
The process of electrolytic passivation to increase the thickness of the top natural oxide layer of metal parts. Anodizing produces a beautiful finish, either matte or specular, that makes the part resistant to corrosion. The surface is also one of the best for paint adhesion. Foremost Manufacturing has consistently produced the highest specular finishes on an aluminum substrate.
This method is done by submerging aluminum into an electrolyte bath of acid that passes an electric current through the medium. Within the anodizing tank a cathode is mounted enabling the aluminum to act as an anode. This allows oxygen ions to be released from the electrolyte combining with the aluminum atoms at the surface of the part. Today these finishes are widely used in the production of commercial, industrial and consumer products.
Why Is Our Anodizing Superior?
- Computer controlled and automated for precise timing of parts in chemical baths.
- Non toxic organic, high quality chemicals.
- Regular cleaning of all tanks.
- Hourly titrations of all chemical baths, by 2 on site lab technicians.
- Our people: Healthy environment for team members: our air quality consistently tests excellent.
- In compliance with all federal, state and local chemical and disposal regulations.